The main double-storey lodge building overlooks the Zambezi and the game park on the opposite bank. Upstairs the lounge is open to the thatch with comfortable seating, magnificent views, books, and an unusual collection of old African maps.
Meals are served in the ground floor dining area or alfresco on the sun terrace and deck overlooking the river. Guests may choose to have private dinners on their terraces or one of the secluded pontoons or platforms around the lodge. Tea, coffee and biscuits are available all day, and waiters are standing by to serve drinks.
Wifi is free of charge and mobile phone signals are generally more reliable than the land line.
Guests love our informal style and our friendly, welcoming staff who do all they can to make your stay a really memorable Zambezi experience.
IN HOUSE ACTIVITIES
The Falls change with every season. High water floods with astonishing force, massive spray and huge rainbows; dry season views into the huge 100m deep canyon. Entry fee $20. You can cross over to see the Falls from the Zimbabwe side.
- ZAMBEZI CRUISES -A sunset cruise with sundowners and snacks will be a highlight of your stay. We also run dawn and daytime cruises, island picnics, fishing trips, and take you up river to visit the local village.
- FISHING – Catch and release fishing for tiger fish and bream.
- BIRDING - Our expert guides will take you birding through the bush and along the riverbank. Keen birders also choose to visit Mosi O Tunya Park and Livingstone Sewage Ponds – a treat for avid birders!
- VIILLAGE WALK – This is authentic rural Zambia shown by our staff who live there. The walk income goes to the village headmen to benefit their communities.
EXTERNALLY OPERATED ACTIVITIES
- TOWN TOUR - See Livingstone –from Maramba Market, where Zambians shop for everything, to the classic old colonial buildings. The museums are an enlightening way to discover the area’s history.
- HELICOPTER AND MICROLIGHT FLIGHTSAmazing bird’s eye views of the Falls.
- LIVINGSTONE ISLAND The island in the middle of the Falls where David Livingstone first landed – swim in the Devils Pool or the Angels Armchair.
- BUNGEE JUMP AND GORGE SWING At the famous Victoria Falls Bridge between Zambia and Zimbabwe
- HISTORIC BRIDGE TOUR Learn the history and follow the engineer’s bridge route.
- DINNER ON THE ROYAL LIVINGSTONE EXPRESS Sundowners on the bridge, dinner on the train.
- WHITE WATER RAFTING Raft the world's most famous rapids
- UNDER THE SPRAY Low water experience, paddling, climbing and swimming under the Falls.
- CANOEING On the Upper Zambezi above the Falls.
- HORSE RIDING Through bush and along the riverbank.
- GAME WALK See white rhino close up in Mosi O Tunya Park.
- ELEPHANT ENCOUNTERS Meet and have lunch with the elephants, or draw your own ele picture with Art of Africa.
- CROCODILE AND SNAKE PARK Visit and feed the reptiles.
- FALLS TOUR ZIMBABWE SIDE Cross the bridge to see a different perspective of the Falls.
- ZIMBABWE ADRENALIN ACTIVITIES Gorge swing, zip wire and canopy tour.
- CHOBE DAY TRIP River trip, lunch and game drive in the world-famous Botswana national park.